Director for Knowledge Exchange and Learning Department at the World Bank Institute
Abha Joshi-Ghani is the Director for Knowledge and Learning at the World Bank in the Change Knowledge and Learning Vice Presidency. She headed the Urban Development and Local Government Practice in the World Bank’s Sustainable Development Network from 2007-2012 where she oversaw the Bank’s work on Urban Policy and Strategy and Knowledge and Learning. She led the World Bank’s Urban Strategy in 2010. She also headed the Global Urbanization Knowledge Platform from 2011-2012. She is the Chair of the World Economic Forum Global Agenda Council on Urbanization. She has worked primarily on infrastructure finance and urban development at the World Bank in South and East Asia, Africa, and the Middle East. Before joining the World Bank she worked for the Reserve Bank of India. She holds an MPhil from Oxford University and a Masters from Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
- Behold the White Knights! New research on institutional investor participation in financing EMDE infrastructure
- Learning to leverage climate action in cities
- Creating a global learning commons for development knowledge: the Open Learning Campus
- How can we leverage innovations and MOOCs for citizen engagement?
- #6 from 2014: Scaling up Development: Learning Innovations and the Open Learning Campus
- Learning from Megadisasters
- What Will it Take to End Poverty in Cities?
- Scaling up Development: Learning Innovations and the Open Learning Campus
- Rethinking Cities